Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Catalina Eddie Reviewed at The Kill Zone

My current work in progress, Catalina Eddie, is nearing completion. Today it was reviewed at The Kill Zone blog. Actually, it was the first page that was reviewed -- not the entire book. The writers at this blog kindly offered to review and comment on first-page submissions. As soon as I saw their announcement, I zipped a copy right off. What an opportunity to get feedback from the pros. 


On the flip side was my apprehension that the piece might just be tossed straight into the bin. Ever since I hit the Send button, I've revised that opening page a zillion times. And I'll likely be at awhile longer, too. 


Of course, the reviews were pretty good and I'm really pumped!


I sincerely appreciate all reactions, comments and criticisms to my writing. That's how I find out how my stuff plays for a reader. I write with the intent of causing a reaction to occur in a reader's mind. I want it to work. If it doesn't, I want to fix it. That's the contract any writer has with readers, and I'm all for it.


If you like, please check out the review and comments at: 
http://killzoneauthors.blogspot.com/

If you would like to offer your own comments, send your email to:
crocker1@gmail.com


Stay cool.


Jim

No comments:

Post a Comment